Brighton Center focuses on abilities. Brighton Center has the right combination of the right services at the right time to give children every opportunity to reach their full potential now and in the future. Each of our programs provides support and services that prepare children and families for many milestones, including the important early childhood milestone of beginning school. Brighton Center guides families during early childhood along the pathway to school readiness.
Our Pathways to School Readiness
Brighton Center guides families by providing services that include:
- Early Childhood Intervention (ECI) — For children from birth to 3 years of age
- Brighton Preschool — For children from 6 weeks to 5 years of age
- Brighton Center Pediatric Therapy Clinic — For children between 3 to 5 years of age
- Brighton Center Education Supports and Services — For children from 3 years of age and above
Early Childhood Intervention (ECI)
Birth to 3 years of age
Early Childhood Intervention (ECI) services are provided in natural settings such as in the home or at childcare centers. Brighton Center is one of three ECI providers in San Antonio.
ECI services are provided for children diagnosed with certain medical conditions, hearing or vision impairments, and children with developmental delays.
Brighton Center’s ECI Specialists include:
- Occupational Therapists (OT)
- Physical Therapists (PT)
- Speech / Language Therapists (ST)
- Early Intervention Specialists (EIS)
Our providers along with each child and family work together to create Individual Family Service Plans at the time ECI care begins.
Why early intervention? From Centers for Disease Control and Prevention1
- Early intervention may impact a child’s ability to learn new skills and increase success in school and in life.
- Intervention for children is likely to be more effective when provided earlier in life.
- Early intervention for children can change their developmental path and improve outcomes for children, families and communities.
- Families are better able to meet their child’s needs early and throughout life.
When is the right time to contact Brighton Center Early Childhood Intervention program?
Families are encouraged to contact Brighton Center directly and/or to speak with their child’s medical provider when there is a question or concern regarding their child’s development. When starting on the pathway to school readiness sooner is better!
6 weeks to 5 years of age
Open year-round to kids age 6 weeks to 5, we are a Reggio Inspired Preschool that focuses on developing the whole child.
Conveniently located with two San Antonio locations in Uptown and Monte Vista areas of San Antonio.
The Brighton Preschool difference:
- Experienced Early Childhood Educators
- Teacher to student ratios lower than 70% of all childcare centers.
- Individualized preschool curriculums with a focus on play-based learning and social-emotional skill building
- Our Literacy Center gives students a chance to grow their love for reading and helps set the foundation for solid reading and comprehension skills.
- We follow NAEYC & Texas Rising Star program accreditation guidelines. These programs are the industry’s gold standard for childcare and early childhood education.
Why quality early care and education are important? From First Five Years Fund2
- The quality of child care impact’s long term cognitive and social/emotional development through kindergarten and beyond.
- Early language skills that are essential for reading ability and school readiness are gained and built during early childhood.
- When children enter kindergarten ready for school, there is a greater chance for mastering basic skills.
When is the right time to contact Brighton Preschool?
Schedule Your Personalized Tour of Brighton Preschool
Brighton Center Pediatric Therapy Clinic
Between 3 to 5 years of age
The Brighton Center Pediatric Therapy Clinic is a unique program that provides therapy services with a focus on the pathway to school readiness for children age 3 years to 5 years.
We believe in understanding the whole child with the realization that all areas of development are interconnected. The Brighton Center Pediatric Therapy Clinic provides a team based approach and family-centered care using evidence based strategies and the power of play!
Therapy services include:
- Physical Therapy
- Occupational Therapy
- Speech/Language Therapy
When is the right time to contact Brighton Center Pediatric Therapy Clinic?
Brighton Center Pediatric Therapy Clinic is designed for children 3 years to 5 years of age. For families preparing for transition from Early Childhood Intervention programs, planning for continued therapy should begin prior to age 3.
Brighton Center Education Consultation and Services
From 3 years of age and above
Brighton Center’s Education Consultants provide assistance to families of children with disabilities. Our team supports children, adolescents and young adults with disabilities and delays through their school readiness and enrollment journey.
Services provided by the education advocacy team include:
- Review of education plans with one-to-one consultation
- Attendance of Admission, Review, and Dismissal (ARD) meetings as part of the student’s and family’s team
- Referral to other helpful community resources
- Educational workshops to address common issues and concerns that families and educators have when supporting children, adolescents and young adults with disability or delay
When is the right time to contact Brighton Center Education Consultants?
Some children are eligible to begin school as early as 3 years of age. Furthermore, for families preparing for transition from Early Childhood Intervention programs, planning for enrollment in school may begin as early as 27 months of age.
1.Why Act Early if You’re Concerned About Development. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. Available at: https://www.cdc.gov/ncbddd/actearly/whyActEarly.html – :~:text=Early intervention%3A,or disabilities and their families. Accessed March 7, 2023.
2. Why It Matters: School Readiness. First Five Years. Available at: https://www.ffyf.org/why-it-matters/school-readiness/ Accessed March 7, 2023.