Brighton's Advocates will do what it takes to help your child be successful in school!
Brighton Center’s Education Advocacy Support Program provides assistance to caregivers of children with disabilities as well as young adults with disabilities and delays through their entire Special Education process. These individualized support services from our expert education advocates are fully comprehensive, including the initial meeting with a Brighton Center Advocate all the way to Due Process, if necessary. In addition to the one-on-one Special Education Advocate Support, this program offers parents an opportunity to strengthen their overall advocacy skills by participating in our workshops, which includes Special Education 101.
Review Your Child's Education Plan & Provide Counsel
Brighton Center’s Advocacy Team will review your child’s education plan in a one-on-one setting and give you counsel on the right next steps to make sure your child’s plan is appropriate for their goals.
Attend Meetings With The School
Brighton’s Advocacy Team is available to attend your child’s next ARD meeting alongside you. Including a Brighton Advocate as a part of your team will make you feel confident with more peace of mind for your child’s ARD.
Affordable & Convenient
As a non-profit organization, Brighton’s Education Advocate Team is able to offer individualized advocacy services at a fraction of the cost of a typical education advocate. In addition, we are conveniently located near the downtown area and also offer phone and video conferencing options.
- Special Education Advocate Support Consultation (Pre-ARD)
- Helping families interpret IEP/BIP and suggest action steps for improvement on plan
- Special Education Advocate Support by attending the ARD Meeting at parent’s request
- Reviewing the child’s IEP paperwork
- Reviewing the child’s Evaluation paperwork or providing guidance how to request an evaluation for Special Education Services
- Reviewing the child’s 504 Plan
- Referring the parent to community resources
- Referring the parent to other programs with in Brighton Center
- Being a good listener and support for the parents